Friday, January 2, 2009

Bandmerch.com Webstore design

One of my big clients through Delivery Agent was artist themed apparel provider Bandmerch.com. I was asked to create a main portal ecommerce site for Bandmerch that would grow from 40 stores to several hundred. It was a daunting task and I knew that everything would have to be templatized in order to create an efficient work flow. For each band page the designs would need to be swapped in out and easily and allow for growth. I was able to create an efficient design that allowed for diversity and each artist to be branded with their current album or marketing related designs. Some of the artists I was able to design ecommerce stores for were Linkin Park, Steve Vai, Sheryl Crow, Rise Against, Mudvayne, Hellyeah, Eagles of Death Metal, Alanis Morrissette, Anthrax, Atreyu, Diana Ross, Five Finger Death Punch, Good Charlotte, Prince, Rihanna, Kat Von Dee, Jeffree Star, Clandestine Industries - Pete Wentz and Myspace.

A major highlight for me personally was the launch of the Steve Vai store. I designed a quick one page site to get the new products live before a big album launch and within 24 hours the site had done over $50k in sales. I would like to think the user interface enabled it all to happen so smoothly.
















No comments: